Monday, March 28, 2016

Introduction

I like word play.  Sometimes I cannot come up with a title at all and sit there staring at the screen drawing a blank.... but every now and then I will come up with something pretty cool, at least in my own eyes.

Discordant Existence.  I like it.  It basically sums up my life in two words. The way I have bumbled through it.   Always feeling out of tune with the harmony that is the typical world. I use the term harmony loosely of course, this world is chaotic at times, but in a sense it is perfect when one considers the societal norms, the harmonious existence of those who find socializing so damn easy.  I'm not one of those people.  My entire life I have felt out of place, on another wavelength, never really a part of anything. That is not for lack of trying, believe me, but that will be explained further in another post.

For now we start with the introduction of yours truly.

I am a single mother of two awesome kids.  One is male, nearly eleven years old, no cool nickname has come to mind for that one. The other is female, four years old, I lovingly dubbed her the Destructo Beast.  Both are Autistic. I may, or may not, go into detail as to their upbringing, but I have this inclination to not want to share too much about them. I respect their privacy too much. If I feel something they have experienced is pertinent to anything I am writing I may divulge, however I cannot do so fully, since I am not looking through their eyes. I can speculate, at most, and relate in some ways.  I will be doing my best to not share anything embarrassing, for I wouldn't want anything shared about me that might make me feel that way.

I'm hoping that by sharing my experiences it can be helpful for others, or at least something someone -somewhere- can relate to on some level.  And while some posts may be a bit high strung or emotional, I can at least guarantee that they will be real.  Hard times, good times, random shit that comes to mind. Stuff like that.  It wont be only about Autism but it will be all about me, the Autistic adult trying to survive in this typical world.  The day to day and things long past. Coming to terms with the new diagnosis of Autism and what it was like without it, and the more I think about my life the more my past is explained.

This isn't my first blog, I've been writing on Wordpress for more than six years and I just cannot part with it, it has changed over time according to what I have been dealing with. This particular blog is something of an experiment, and if it goes well I will keep it.  You are more than welcome to check out my other one-- Eluding Atrophy -- if you so desire.  This past year it has been mostly Autism related.  Before that, well if you dare to look, it gets pretty hectic, I had a lot of drama in my life, some of which I may regale you with in future posts.

Perhaps I should also add a bit of a disclaimer, my language use can be quite colorful, dirty words and all that. Just sayin'.

Until my next post... thanks for reading.  Abrupt stop for dramatic affect.  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment